Hydrogen sulfide, molecular formula is H2S, molecular weight is 34.076, it is a flammable acid gas under standard conditions, colorless, smelly egg smell at low concentration, sulfur smell at extremely low concentration, highly toxic (LC50 = 444ppm) <500ppm). Its aqueous solution is hydrosulfuric acid. The molecular weight is 34.08, the vapor pressure is 2026.5kPa / 25.5 ° C, the flash point is <-50 ° C, the melting point is -85.5 ° C, the boiling point is -60.4 ° C, and the relative density is (air = 1) 1.19. Soluble in water, easily soluble in alcohols, petroleum solvents and crude oil. The ignition point is 292 ° C. Hydrogen sulfide is a flammable and hazardous chemical, and when mixed with air, it can form an explosive mixture. When exposed to open flames and high heat energy, it will cause a combustion explosion. Hydrogen sulfide is an important chemical raw material.
The main purpose
- Used in the manufacture of synthetic phosphors, electroluminescence, photoconductors, photoelectric exposure meters, etc.
- Organic synthetic reducing agent.
- For metal refining, pesticide, medicine, catalyst regeneration.
- Preparation of various sulfides for the manufacture of inorganic sulfides and chemical analysis such as identification of metal ions.
- Hydrogen sulfide can be used in the industrial manufacture of high-purity sulfide (in the reaction of sulfur dioxide); hot springs containing hydrogen sulfide have a certain effect on skin diseases. Hydrogen sulfide is an acid gas, and some metals, such as silver, have chemical reactions. For example, hydrogen sulfide and silver will produce black-brown silver sulfide after contact. The main use of hydrogen sulfide is for chemical identification analysis such as that of metal ions.