Various gases are installed in the gas cylinder, and the gas itself has certain hazards, such as suffocation, oxidation, flammability, and biological toxicity. Then we must pay attention to many problems when operating gas cylinders. Therefore, the correct use of gas and the safe storage of gas cylinders are issues that we must pay attention to and solve. The editor will take you to learn about the safe operation rules for the use of gas cylinders, and hope to have more gains for everyone!.
Because the gas pressure in the gas cylinder is very high, it has high potential energy. When the bottle valve is damaged or the pipeline is damaged and the gas is accidentally released, a strong reaction force acts on the gas bottle, pipeline, and even surrounding debris, which can generate great kinetic energy and cause damage. The following reasons may cause the gas cylinder to explode:
1. Excessive filling, especially the liquefied gas is not filled according to the regulations, the pressure rises sharply and explodes after being heated or shaken during transportation
2. The structure, manufacturing process, and material of the gas cylinder do not meet the safety requirements, resulting in insufficient strength of the gas cylinder and explosion
3. The gas cylinder is exposed to sunlight, open flame, and thermal radiation, and the gas in the bottle is heated, and the pressure increases sharply until it exceeds the limit of the material of the gas cylinder, causing permanent deformation or even explosion of the gas cylinder.
4. The technical inspection is not carried out according to the specified period, and the explosion is caused by the corrosion of the bottle wall, thinning and cracks
5. As the gas cylinder falls, dumps, or hits hard objects during transportation or storage, it can explode in cold conditions
6. The cylinder is not wearing a cap during the transportation, and the valve body is damaged due to collisions, etc., and the cylinder valve may be rushed out of the bottleneck by the pressure in the bottle
7. The charged wire touches the gas cylinder and other reasons may also cause the gas cylinder to produce a dangerous state
8. The outer wall of the gas cylinder is corroded in a high-humidity environment for a long time, and the pressure inside the gas cylinder is very high. If the gas cylinder is rusted, its compressive strength will be reduced. , The gas in the gas cylinder will gush out sharply, and the rest of the gas cylinder may cause an explosion.
In order to strengthen the safety management of gas cylinders and prevent accidents in the use, storage, and transportation of various gas cylinders, the following precautions must be taken:
1) Safety inspection should be carried out before use to confirm the contained gas. Gas cylinders that do not meet the safety technical requirements are strictly prohibited to be stored and used.
2) The place of the gas cylinder should not be close to heat sources and electrical equipment, and the distance from the open flame should not be less than 3) The gas cylinder must be upright when used, and measures should be taken to prevent it from tipping over.
4) It is strictly forbidden to knock or collide the gas cylinder, and it is strictly forbidden to start an arc on the cylinder.
5) Air cylinder exposure or baking is strictly prohibited for outdoor operations.
6) Flammable gas cylinders (such as acetylene cylinders, oxygen cylinders, petroleum, liquefied petroleum gas cylinders), the outlet of the cylinder valve must be equipped with a special pressure reducer and flashback preventer;
7) During the use of the gas cylinder, if any leakage is found, it should be dealt with in time, and it is strictly prohibited to use it in the case of leakage.
8) It is strictly forbidden to hold a lighted torch to adjust the pressure reducer or open or close the valve. Smoking is prohibited during operation to prevent deflagration.
9) It is strictly forbidden to use up the gas in the gas cylinder, and there must be a residual pressure of not less than 0.5Mpa.
10) Check gas cylinders, pipes, and safety valves once a month (paint them with soapy water on the gas pipes and joints). If leaks or damage are found, stop using them immediately and notify the relevant personnel to replace them.
11) The tempering explosion-proof device and pressure hose should be replaced once a year, and the pressure reducer should be replaced once every two years.
12) It is not easy to store too many gas cylinders on site when using gas cylinders, generally no more than 5 bottles.
13) It is strictly prohibited to use a forklift to transport gas cylinders without anti-dumping and anti-rolling measures.
14) The conflicting nature should be stored and transported separately. Oxygen cylinders are strictly forbidden to come into contact with grease.
1. According to the process requirements, select appropriate pipe fittings to connect the gas cylinder to the gas system;
2. If the gas pressure needs to be strictly controlled, a pressure reducing valve should be selected;
3. If the gas flow needs to be strictly controlled, a needle valve should be installed at the back of the pressure reducing valve and used with a flow meter;
4. For gases that require strict control of impurities or mixed gases with strong adsorption components, needle valves can be used alone, but the users must be trained and weak links must be set in the pipeline;
5. Check whether the thread of the pressure reducing valve or needle valve matches the thread of the gas cylinder valve before connecting. If jamming or slipping is found during connection, it is strictly forbidden to continue to force the connection, and carefully check the thread after disassembly. If the thread of the gas cylinder valve is damaged, contact the supplier for handling, and it is forbidden to repair it by yourself;
6. After connection, close the outlet end of the valve and slowly open the cylinder valve to check the tightness of the connection;
7. Use the gas in the bottle to fully purge and replace the pipeline to prevent the pipeline from being exposed to the air and introducing impurities into the system.