How to select your cylinder?
When you will be choosing a gas cylinder for your project or inventory, it is important to know the answers to below questions:
This answer helps to define below properties of the cylinders:
- What kind of certificate will be mandatorily required? (e.g. If you are buying cylinders for Russia market, then your cylinder supplier must have an EAC 018/032 certificate so that you will not have a problem during customs clearance)
- Different countries have different regular inspection requirements. Though it may not influence the importation of cylinders, it is better you know in advance what you or your client will need to do in the future.
This question is important, as it helps to define below characters of cylinders:
- The color to be coated on the surface of the cylinder body is related to the gas to be filled. Something you might need to know is that different areas/countries do have different requirements for color codes.
- The valve to be mounted is also related to the gas type.
- In some cases, the type of gas contained is required to be marked on the shoulder of the cylinder (e.g. In Egypt, the cylinders used in CO2 Fire Suppression Systems are required to mark “K2-K5 CO2” in addition of the normal steel stamp requirement)
- Some of Hazardous Gases require special treatment on the cylinder body and valve to be used.
In SINOGES, we mainly distinguish the cylinder products into two types according to the service pressure:
- High-Pressure Seamless Cylinders;
- Low-Pressure Welded Cylinders.
And for the High-Pressure Industrial Gas (Seamless) Cylinder products, we have many different work pressure rates for different customers to choose according to their actual requirement:
A cylinder can be used in many applications by itself (e.g., a 2L-150Bar cylinder can be used as a gas extinguisher and a 40L-150Bar cylinder can be used as an Argon gas cylinder in factories). However, some applications do have special requirements for the parameter of the cylinders. For instance, if you are using the cylinder as a containment vessel of Compressed Natural Gas in the application of vehicle fueling, then you have to check the available space and tolerance in the trunk or on the chassis to decide the diameter and length of the cylinder. The same rule also applies, when you will use the cylinders as part of gas bundles or fire suppression systems.
Except for the certificate that is required for the import of cylinders according to local laws (e.g., the EAC 018/032 certificate which is required by Russia market), different applications also have different requirement for the cylinders’ manufacturing standard and the way they are inspected (e.g., in the USA, it is mandatory that the cylinders must be DOT 3AA or DOT 3AL certified if they are intended to be used in the territory of this country. But if you are using the cylinders in the USA for the purpose of vehicle fueling, the cylinders must have a certificate according to DOT FMVSS). So, it is important for the customers to understand what types of certificate is required before they will place an order.
Already a SINOGES member?
Login to view product catalog